Apply for the 2018 Chapter One Events Mentorship Program now through Saturday, September 15 by clicking here.
What Is It?
- This fall, the Ch1Events team will be mentoring writers ages 11 to 29 on all parts of the publishing process!
- The entire Ch1Events team (as well as some guest industry professionals) will take part in the mentorship program, so you’ll learn about each step of how to get published from an expert in it.
- Through one short story by each writer, the team members will step their mentees through everything they need to know about becoming authors: how to write a query letter, utilize editorial letters to strengthen their writing, read contracts, and more.
- At the end of the program, the Ch1Events team will publish all the short stories in an anthology—available for sale online on Amazon, Barnes&Noble.com, and more!
When Does This Happen?
- Now through September 15: Apply to participate by submitting a short story!
- October 1: Mentees are selected.
- Throughout October: Mentors and mentees work together to perfect the selected short stories and talk publishing.
- Early November: Anthology gets sent to the printers.
- End of November: The anthology releases to the world!
How Do I Apply?
- Program fee: $75 per selected writer upon admittance, which includes one free print copy of the final anthology
- Submit a short story which you’d like us to work with you on–and which, of course, you’d like to see in print! (Application available here.)
- Any genre is fine, but the content should be appropriate for a PG-13 audience or younger.
- Length should be between 1,000 and 3,000 words.
- If you are selected for the program, Chapter One Events will have one-time publishing rights to your short story. (This means the rights will revert back to you once the anthology is released.)
Check out the 2017 anthology, This Is the End: Short Stories by Young Writers, at: